The Facility Governing Board (FGB) of SEPTA Correctional Facility is seeking a professional in the role of Executive Director with a starting date of January 1, 2018.
Job Description: Click Here
• Master’s degree in Criminal Justice, Public Administration, Business Administration, Social Work, Education, or related field required.
• Minimum of five years of experience working in the criminal justice field and three years of corrections management/supervisory experience.
• Candidates must be willing to work directly with incarcerated offenders in a secured residential environment.
• Can successfully pass a criminal background check.
• Must possess (or be able to obtain during employment process) a valid State of Ohio driver’s license.
SEPTA Correctional Facility is a secure, grant funded, district community-based correctional facility, with forty-seven employees, housing up to 104 adult male felony offenders who are eligible for community supervision. SEPTA Correctional Facility was opened in March 1990 in response to the severe overcrowding of the state penal system. SEPTA is fully funded through the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction and is locally governed by the SEPTA Correctional Facility Governing Board whose membership is appointed by the Judicial Advisory Board and the member counties’ Boards of County Commissioners.
The Executive Director manages the strategic planning process, implements methods of service delivery, manages personnel, administers finances, manages facilities and equipment, manages information systems, oversees staff training. The Executive Director will also oversee contracts for medical services, food services, and commissary services.
The Executive Director ensures compliance with laws, administrative codes, standards and/or regulations of: • Ohio Department of Rehabilitation & Correction (ODRC) Bureau of Community Sanctions (BCS), • American Correctional Association (ACA) • Ohio Auditor of State, and • Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA)
Completed application, letter of interest, resume, and three professional references are to be mailed to:
Scott Weaver, Interim Executive Director
SEPTA Correctional Facility
7 W Twenty-Nine Drive Nelsonville, OH 45764
Application form can be found by clicking here.